- Lake Norman Charter School
- HS Knights News
HS Knights News - April 13, 2018
Attention Parents of Juniors and Seniors
If your student plans to attend Prom on Friday April 20, your student will be required to attend the entire half-day of school on that Friday. Thank you for your cooperation.
2018-2019 Course Selection
Online course registration for 2018-19 will close this Sunday, April 15 at 11:59pm. Please make sure that you and your student submit his or her course requests by Sunday night so you do not forfeit the opportunity to choose courses for next year. Be sure to print or save a copy of your final course request submission for your records!
If you are having difficulties with creating a PowerSchool account or have questions on how to complete course registration online, please refer to Schoology. Instructions, tutorials and course descriptions can be found in the "Class of" and "HS Parent to Parent" groups under Resources. The most important resources are linked below.
- Instructions for Registering for 2018-19 Courses
- High School Curriculum Guide
- Video Describing 2018-19 Courses
- How to Create a Parent Account in PowerSchool
- How to Register for Classes in PowerSchool
If you experience problems in PowerSchool that prevent you from creating the Parent Account over the weekend, please use the student login information found at the very bottom of the PowerSchool letter (that was sent home 3/21 with report cards) to log into your student's PowerSchool account. You will be able to register for courses that way. Thank you for your support and partnership as we continue to grow and improve our school and our processes.
Attention Senior Parents
Senior Awards Night is on May 15 at 6:30pm in the MPR. We would love to recognize all seniors who have earned scholarship money. Please have your child bring in copies of their award letters (physical or email versions) so we can recognize them. This includes all scholarships earned, whether or not your student is attending the school or accepting the scholarship. The senior class is currently at $5 million in scholarship money and we would love to beat the Class of 2017, which earned $9 million last year! The due date for award letters to be turned in is May 4 in order to guarantee recognition at Senior Awards Night. Thank you for your help as we recognize and congratulate the Class of 2018!
Graduation Is Right Around the Corner!
The Class of 2018 will graduate on Saturday, June 2. Here is some important, high-level information. Be sure to click READ MORE for important details or refer to the email communication sent Friday, April 13.
- Each graduate receives 8 tickets and up to 10 additional tickets can be purchased at $10/each using the 2018 LNC Graduation Ticket Request Form. Grads will receive tickets once all school items are returned and any financial obligations are met, i.e., laptop and cords, parking pass, etc.
- Graduation Rehearsal is Friday, June 1 from 9:00am-12:00pm at the Park Church. Graduates must be present and on time at rehearsal to participate in the Graduation Ceremony.
- Our graduation is a formal occasion so please dress accordingly. Wear an appropriate dress, dress pants with blouse or skirt with blouse paired with dress shoes or nice sandals OR wear a white-collared, button-up shirt with a tie along with dress pants and dress shoes. Flip flops and tennis shoes are not be permitted. BRING SHOES TO REHEARSAL TO PRACTICE IN THEM.
- The graduation ceremony is Saturday, June 2 at 9:00am at the Park Church. Because parking at the church is limited, graduates are not allowed to drive themselves to the church and park in the church parking lot.
- Upon arriving, graduates will report directly to the gym. Doors to the church will open at 8:00am, and guests who have tickets will be able to enter at that time. All guests must have a valid ticket to enter the ceremony.
- Traffic on Beatties Ford Road near the church becomes very busy leading up to the ceremony, so guests should allow plenty of time to arrive, park and be seated prior to the 9:00am start. Once the graduate processional begins, no guests will be allowed to enter the sanctuary until AFTER the processional.
LNC DigCit Students
Our DigCit students recently created videos to help raise awareness and promote the work of area non-profits. This was for their Service Via Video project. This creative work is a great example of our students living our motto: Together we learn, lead and serve.
- Caterpiller Ministries - an organization that is building relationships in the local mobile home community: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fXDux29Rmw
- Charlotte Refugee Support Services – a local organization assisting refugees adjusting to life in the United States: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pilz6xhb90
- Hind’s Feet Farm – a program that helps adults with traumatic brain injuries: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_aFPdKjgHLI&t=41s
HS Principal's Coffee Chat
Parents, if you did not have a chance to come to Mr. Smith's last Principal's Coffee Chat this week, please see Mr. Smith's Blog to view the archived converstation. Parents do not need to have a Twitter account to view this link. The link can be pasted and watched using any internet browser. This is a great way for parents to hear updates on school happenings and upcoming events.
PTO Needs Your Help
PTO is looking for a HS Lunch Parent Volunteer Coordinator for the 2018-2019 school year. All training will be provided and this role can be performed by one person or a team of two! If you or anyone you know if interested in earning your Serve10 hours and being involved with the PTO, please send an email to email@example.com.
This Week in Pictures
See what students, teachers and parents are doing on campus this week!