- Lake Norman Charter School
- HS Knights News
HS Knights News - April 27, 2018
Attention Senior Parents
Senior Awards Night is on May 15 at 6:30pm in the MPR. We would love to recognize all seniors who have earned scholarship money. Please have your senior bring in copies of his or her award letters (physical or email versions) so he or she can be recognized. This includes all scholarships earned, whether or not your student is attending the school or accepting the scholarship. The senior class is almost at $6 million in scholarship money and we would love to beat the Class of 2017, which earned $9 million last year! The due date for award letters to be turned in is May 4 in order to guarantee recognition at Senior Awards Night. Thank you for your help as we recognize and congratulate the Class of 2018!
Graduation Is Right Around the Corner!
The Class of 2018 will graduate on Saturday, June 2. Here is some important, high-level information. Be sure to click READ MORE for important details.
- Each graduate receives 8 tickets and up to 10 additional tickets can be purchased at $10/each using the 2018 LNC Graduation Ticket Request Form. Grads will receive tickets once all school items are returned and any financial obligations are met, i.e., laptop and cords, parking pass, etc.
- Graduation Rehearsal is Friday, June 1 from 9:00am-12:00pm at the Park Church. Graduates must be present and on time at rehearsal to participate in the Graduation Ceremony.
- Our graduation is a formal occasion so please dress accordingly. Wear an appropriate dress, dress pants with blouse or skirt with blouse paired with dress shoes or nice sandals OR wear a white-collared, button-up shirt with a tie along with dress pants and dress shoes. Flip flops and tennis shoes are not permitted. BRING SHOES TO REHEARSAL TO PRACTICE IN THEM.
- The graduation ceremony is Saturday, June 2 at 9:00am at the Park Church. Because parking at the church is limited, graduates are not allowed to drive themselves to the church and park in the church parking lot.
- Upon arriving, graduates will report directly to the gym. Doors to the church will open at 8:00am, and guests who have tickets will be able to enter at that time. All guests must have a valid ticket to enter the ceremony.
- Traffic on Beatties Ford Road near the church becomes very busy leading up to the ceremony, so guests should allow plenty of time to arrive, park and be seated prior to the 9:00am start. Once the graduate processional begins, no guests will be allowed to enter the sanctuary until AFTER the processional.
HS Cross Country
Are you interested in running for one of the best high school cross country programs next fall? There will be a mandatory student interest meeting on Monday, April 30 at 3:15pm at the track. This meeting will take about 10-15 minutes at most. If you cannot make this meeting, you must contact Coach Zamiara at firstname.lastname@example.org to receive important information along with getting on the email distribution. This email distribution list will be to receive information regarding summer workouts and the upcoming season.
Interested in HS Cheer for the 2018-2019 season? We would love to have you attend try-outs to continue our tradition of excellence. Try-outs will be held the week of May 14-17 after school from 3:00-5:00pm. Please visit our cheer website for more information and to fill out the google form for try-outs: http://lncscheer.weebly.com/try-out-information.html. We hope to see you there!
HS Exam Schedule
We are quickly approaching the end of the school year! HS Finals exam schedule has been set as follows:
- May 7 – 18: Advanced Placement Exams
- May 22 – 25 : Senior Final Exams
- May 25 – June 1: Final Exams
We would like to remind our families of the importance of student attendance on his or her scheduled exam days and times. Students will not be permitted to take any finals before their scheduled day, so please do not schedule travel plans, doctor appointments, etc. during exams. The exam schedule is designed for maximum student success, giving our teachers time to review and students time to study.
Please remind your students to get a good night's sleep, eat a healthy breakfast and arrive at school prepared for testing each day.
Knights of Honor
High school students are nominated to be Knights of Honor for demonstrating a strong work ethic, citizenship, improvement, or serving as a role-model for their peers. Congratulations to the Knights of Honor for this past month, pictured with Mr. Smith (dressed for "Tropical Day" during Spirit Week) left to right: Anna Schroeder, Ashley Phykett, Guy Vincent, Mattie Luther and Braxton Carter.
Poets Visit LNC
On a recent Friday our AP English students experienced an awesome learning experience. Two renowned poets visited their classroom and read their written poetry. Thank you to the families who supported this effort over the past several months. Please take a moment to browse Mrs. Smith’s blog for her thoughts and feelings about this extraordinary opportunity.
Saturday Knight Live
The annual HS talent show, Saturday Knight Live, will be on Saturday, May 5 at 7:00pm in the HS MPR. It will feature over ten students acts including singing, dancing and music. Tickets will be $5 at the door and we encourage everyone to come out and enjoy one of LNC's most fun and exciting traditions!
Attention Parents of Rising Seniors (Class of 2019)
St. John's Photography will be on our campus Wednesday, July 25 and Wednesday, August 1 from 9:00am to 12:00pm to take senior pictures. Please save the date for one of these two days to have your student's senior pictures taken. Be on the lookout for more information to come, including a link to sign up for your preferred date.
LNC Honor Roll
Congratulations to the students on the LNCharter honor roll for the third quarter, 2017-2018 school year. Click here to view the honor roll list.
Prom Committee would like to thank all of the students, staff, and vendors who helped to make the Starry Night Prom a success last weekend. Congratulations to those nominated to Prom Court and a special congratulations goes to:
Senior Class Prom King: Austin McCarter
Senior Class Prom Queen: Vanessa Bissinger
Junior Class Prom Prince: Grant Latten
Junior Class Prom Princess: Keily Stiles
Summer Coding Camp
Coding Within Reach is offering summer camps for students looking for more opportunities to learn coding. Please click here to view the flyer and how to register for summer camp.
This Week in Pictures
See what students, teachers and parents are doing on campus this week!