- Lake Norman Charter School
- HS Knights News
HS Knights News - May 18, 2018
Important Senior News
Graduation Ticket Update
- All requests for extra graduation tickets that were submitted through May 11 have been approved.
- Graduation tickets will be given to your student at Graduation Rehearsal. Tickets will not be provided to any student prior to June 1 – REMINDER: All school owned items must be returned (computers, chargers, parking pass, books, etc.) and financial obligations must be met for students to participate in graduation. If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The 2018 Graduation DVD can be purchased for $20.00 on the HS PayPal page of the LNCharter website through Tuesday, June 5. The DVD will include a compilation of senior photos and the entire graduation ceremony. DVD's will be mailed to the address associated with the PayPal account used for payment.
Cap and Gown Pictures
- St. John's Photography is offering an early bird special on cap and gown group and individual pictures. The deadline to order is TODAY, May 18 for this special price. All orders placed by today qualify for a 15% discount on their entire order (minimum $25.00, required) as well as FREE delivery to school. Click here to view the flyer and important information regarding ordering your student's picture. Please note the school access code is LKCC.
HS Exam Schedule
On Monday, May 7 we kicked off exams at the HS, beginning with our advanced placement courses. Please click on the link below to see the dates and times for your student’s exams. It is very important that your student attend school on his or her scheduled exam day and time. Students are not allowed to take any exams before the scheduled day. Please do not schedule any travel or appointments that conflict with your student’s exam. We have designed the schedule to position your student for success by providing our teachers time to review and students time to prepare. Remind your student to get good sleep the night before the exam and eat a healthy breakfast the morning of the exam. Thank you for supporting your student’s success!
Service Requirement Hours
Please be reminded that community service forms are due by Friday, May 25. Students should submit these completed forms to their 7th period teachers by May 25. If your student does not have a 7th period class, the service forms should be submitted to the front office. High school students at Lake Norman Charter are required to perform a minimum of 2.5 hours of service per quarter for a total of 10 hours per school year. Service is defined as a physical act of goodwill that is done outside of the student’s home and without compensation or gain. The service log can be found in the Resources folder on any of the "class of" groups in Schoology. The service log must be completed in its entirety with signatures validating the service performed.
Seniors must have all 40 hours of community service approved in order to participate in the graduation ceremony on June 2.
Leadership Opportunity for Rising 11th Graders
Junior Leadership Lake Norman is a program for high school juniors in the Lake Norman-area, sponsored by the Lake Norman Chamber of Commerce. The program was specifically created to inform, motivate and increase the overall awareness of participating high school students through educational seminars and interaction with various decision-makers of local businesses, government agencies and civic organizations. Selected students will learn about our community during this rewarding eight-month long program.
Several Lake Norman Charter students have benefited from participating in the program over the past years, both by gaining a behind-the-scenes look at the business operations of our community and by making strong local connections. The application deadline is August 10, 2018.
Class of 2019 Senior Trip to Orlando
Senior Class Council is excited to announce that the senior class trip will officially be to Universal Studios on February 28 - March 3, 2019. Senior Class Council is excited to continue this tradition! Please see this link for important trip information including deposit deadlines and the required permission slip.
Spring Break Trip 2019 - Peru
Are you interested in providing your student with the amazing opportunity to experience new cultures, try new foods, see World Heritage Sites, and explore the world in a safe and exciting way? If so, there will be an informational meeting for the Spring Break Trip to Peru on Tuesday, May 22 at 6:30pm in room 101. The Schoology group code is XKQN5-RBC8R and a detailed tour itinerary is available here. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to Mr. Awbrey at email@example.com.
The last day lunches will be served at the HS is Thursday, May 24.
This Week in Pictures
See what students, teachers and parents are doing on campus this week!