Knights' Academic - Athletic Scholarships
INFORMATION & APPLICATION
Congratulations to our 2021 LNCharter Athletic Booster Club Winners!
Pictured below from left: Andrew Rinehardt, Eli Agosto, Kaela Rasenberger and Jillian Villanti
Lake Norman Charter's Athletic Booster Club recognizes the time, discipline, and personal sacrifice necessary to compete in varsity high school athletics while maintaining the focus necessary to excel in the classroom. To honor our young men and women who epitomize the characteristics of leadership, sportsmanship, athletic ability and academic excellence for which our school is known, we annually award the Knights’ Academic - Athletic Scholarships.
Each spring, four one-time scholarships will be awarded:
- The Knights’ Shield - a $1,500 scholarship to one female and one male student-athlete - emphasizing athletic, leadership and then academic accomplishments
- The Knights’ Lance - a $1000 scholarship to one female and one male student-athlete - emphasizing athletic, leadership and then academic accomplishments
Criteria for awarding these scholarships:
- Applicant will have a proven record of athletic excellence and have competed in at least one varsity sport during both their junior and senior years at Lake Norman Charter High School.
- Applicant will have exemplified the concepts of leadership and teamwork by placing school and the team above their personal goals and priorities.
- Applicant will have demonstrated outstanding academic achievement.
- Applicant will have honorably represented their school, community and team by displaying sportsmanship on and off the field of play to coaches, teammates, teachers, competitors, fans and officials.
To be eligible for Knights’ Academic - Athletic Scholarships, applicants must:
- Be a current LNC ABC member. Either a student membership or a family membership fulfills this requirement.
- Be of sufficient academic standing to graduate at the end of the current academic year and have accepted admission to an accredited college or university for the upcoming fall semester.
- Submit a completed LNC ABC Knights' Shield Scholarship Application to the Athletic Director by the due date. The package includes:
- One LNC ABC Knights’ Shield Scholarship Application completed by the applicant
- One LNC ABC Knights’ Shield Scholarship Confidential Coach Nomination completed on the applicant's behalf by an LNC coach and submitted in a sealed envelope
- One LNC ABC Knights’ Shield Scholarship Confidential Teacher Nomination completed on the applicant's behalf by LNC teacher who did not coach the applicant and submitted in a sealed envelope.
• It is the applicant's responsibility to assemble and submit the application package.
• Incomplete or late application packages will not be considered.
• Do allow your coach and teacher at least one week to complete your nomination.
• Do provide your coach and teacher a sealable envelope for your completed nomination.
The Knights’ Shield and Lance Academic - Athletic Scholarships will be awarded during the Senior Award Ceremony in May.